Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Prayer Time

It's an amazing thing that we can pray to the Father.  I mean really, when you think about Jesus dying on the cross and the curtain ripping (Matt. 27:51) so that we have access to the Holy of Holies...  That we, in our dirty sin, can just climb up in God's lap... appeal to Him, "touch" Him, worship Him, rest our head on His chest, sing to Him, cry to Him, thank Him, and ask from Him.  It's amazing.  Really.

I love that we can talk to Him anywhere, anytime.  In the shower, in bed, kneeling, standing, driving, etc...  We have full access to Him 24/7.

But before I became a mom, never did I imagine just how far down into the humanness (maybe not a word ?):) of our everyday life, does God actually go to hear our hearts...  Let me explain.

Troy came home from his work week last night.  Lots going on in life as always... Lots of things on our hearts.  Serious concerns for others, ourselves, our family, our children.  Lots to go to the Father about.  So this morning we need to pray...................  NO, we do not go lock ourselves in a prayer closet.  We don't quietly kneel down in a peaceful room.  We don't privately whisper prayers in a secluded place...  He and I sat cross- legged on the kitchen floor.  Little boys climbing in and out of our laps.  There was snot and smooshed bananas, and a diaper that needed changing.  We were interrupted several times...  and honestly after a while I struggled to even think.  We laughed and Troy reminded me that - they-- these precious little ones, who are beautiful and innocent -- they represent the very presence of the Lord in our home.

It may not be what we always thought prayer should look like (who gets to decide that anyway?) and it may not even be what you'd prefer..............  But I'll take it anyday.  The love of my life, my husband, protecter, and leader and a couple of our most precious gifts -- entering into the Holy of Holies together.  We were heard, healed, answered and blessed.  And I think the Father was blessed a little bit too.  :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment