Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hiking with my boys!

Today I had the most wonderful blessing of going hiking with my boys. We went to a place here in Wimberley called Prayer Mountain. It's really just a hill, but it had the most beautiful panoramic views of the Wimberley Valley.


Here's the stairs going up. I definitely felt the burn only a few minutes into it, especially with Joshua and his 16+ pounds strapped onto me. Tay offered to carry him, but I figured it might burn more calories if I carried him. We took a couple of little breaks. :)


Beautiful Hill Country and 2 strapping young lads! Joshua doesn't look all that happy with the sun in his face. :)
Remember that scene in Lion King when Mufasa presents Simba to the whole Kingdom?


Today was one of those treasured times that God spoke to my heart once again about just how blessed I am. He reminded me that being a mother of sons is indeed one of life's sweetest blessings. I will unashamedly ask the Father for more awareness of these tender moments each day and to help me to remember to speak life over these young men. May they always know how deeply they are loved by Jesus and may they love Him wholeheartedly, surrendering their whole lives to Him. May God grant me wisdom to be the Mama that they need. Yes... I am so blessed!

3 comments:

  1. Joshua is a doll and I can't believe how old Taylor is getting! I found your blog through the Ross blog. Your family is beautiful and we hope to get to see you guys again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me this site! It's so good to see pictures of your family. Joshua is so cute and Taylor's hair is getting really long! Hope things are well. We are heading home in July... praying about moving to the Austin area... still don't know. Maybe we can catch up sometime. Tell your family Hi for Colin and I!
    Andre'a Feldhaus

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special day! I, of course totally agree with you about being a mama to boys. They really are so precious and sweet. I must admit though that the picture of Taylor holding Joshua up makes me nervous!!!! Haven't talked to you since then, but we are so so happy for Jesse and Marissa. They are so cute! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete