Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Jesus... that's it.

So, I know I try to keep the major focus of this blog about my family and it's happenings, but I've got a little bursting in my heart that I've got to unload...

It's JESUS. That's it.... Without Jesus, there's nothing else.

I'm blessed right now to be in a women's study at my church right now that's all about the life of Jesus from the book of John. I'm also very blessed to be leading a Beth Moore study called Jesus, The One and Only, with a group of single moms and some college girls.

Each day as I study what should seem like familiar scriptures and stories I still find these fresh new revelations about the heart and character of Jesus. There is NO OTHER like him. He is it.

So as I journey through this life I admit that I find it really difficult to talk or think about anything else without Jesus being the point of reference. When trials come- He is my Rock. When needs arise- He is my Provision. When I am wounded- He is my Healer. When I'm confused- He is my Light. When I am worn out and thirsty- He is my Living Water. When I am needy and broken- he is The Lover of My Soul. When I don't know the best way- he is my Counselor. And he's soooooo much more. He is EVERYTHING.

When others ask - why do I do the things I do??? In a nutshell, it's Jesus. He influences and affects my whole life (and I pray that increases). Why have I been married for 19 years? Jesus. Why do I have 5 children and want more? Jesus Why do we homeschool? Jesus What do I want MOST out of everything in the world for my children? Jesus... That's it. He's it.

So I can't compartmentalize my life. There's not God, Family, Homeschool, Friends, Political views, Community service, etc... All of it begins with Jesus. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment