Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Marriage Thoughts

I've been kind of camping out in Ephesians 5 lately... really pondering what God has to say about marriage roles... I've been challenged to go deeper with this... I think it's been easy to just say, "yeah, yeah, I get it... submit. Blah, blah, blah." Oh, but there's so much more. God has such a beautiful design for marriage and when we follow that design (not easy... in fact, impossible without his strength and power) it works! WOW! I want to stand up and SHOUT - WOW!! There's much to say about this topic of marriage... And let's be honest, I'm no theologian, but I have been married for almost 19 years and I can honestly say that I've tried (way too many times) to go my "own" way and then repented and decided to go God's way... And let me tell you, God's way WORKS!!! I am deeply in love with my man. Still. Has it always been easy? Goodness, no! (for the record, I believe that it's not easy for anyone, some just have a way of making it LOOK easy.) Has it always been fun and pretty and cozy and sweet? NO!!!!!!!!!!!! There have been some rough times. Times when (like I said before) we went our own way, were stubborn, selfish, sinful, etc... But thank God (really) that his mercies are new every morning. He takes our ashes and makes something beautiful.
So........ anyway, I got these beautiful tulips from my hubby yesterday. Nope, no occasion except that he loves me. Wow... that can still make my heart pound. As a side benefit of feeling so special - each one of my kids got to see that Daddy sent Mama flowers. This is a priceless gift that Troy has given our children - that they see that he loves me. I am learning more every day how to respect him (man's need) and he is learning more every day how to love me (female's need)... and so, we're stumbling through (sometimes kinda sloppily, but going on anyway) Eph. 5... And we're just watching the wondrous things that the Creator is doing in our lives. God is so amazing... and Troy's pretty great too. :) Thanks for the flowers babe. I LOVE THAT THEY'RE RED! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment