Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Bigger They Are, The Sicker They Get!

You know that old saying, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" right? Well, around here, it's - the bigger they are, the sicker they get!

Poor Tay has had a nasty cold/maybe flu for a few days now. I even took him to the Dr. yesterday, but they said no meds necessary. He's got the nasty cough, ear aches, body aches, sore throat, headache, etc.... and his fever hovers around 100, disappears for a bit, and then comes back.

So, the big boy is on the couch or in his bed 24 hours a day. He devoured a whole book yesterday (Hunger Games) and enjoyed that, but feels like... well, doo-doo. ;) He even missed his basketball game last night. :((( (Not sure he's ever missed any game, even if he felt bad)

We had a funny moment a few minutes ago. His ear is really bothering him, so I got out the baby's numbing drops to give to him. The only thing is, he's so darn tall that we practically had to stretch him out on the back of the couch for me to be able to reach and put those drops into his ear canal. Ha! I'm not sure that my words are expressing how silly it was... Guess you had to be there. :P

And while I chuckle, I am mindful again of the fact that no matter how big he is, he'll always be my baby. He'll never outgrow his love for some mama-compassion. And I am grateful and weepy about that. What on earth will he do this time next year?! Oh, I know it's all gonna be fine... HE'S gonna be fine. But of course my mama-heart thinks of these things. And prays...

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, sweet Bonnie!!!! I just love reading all of your blog entries... especially when I haven't been on in a month or so and there's a lot to catch up on! I love you guys so much and Ryan and I are SO excited for Taylor to be at McMurry next year... he'll be closer to us! And we can go watch him play... I'm really looking forward to it. :) I have a blog if you wanna follow it... I haven't written in a while, but you've inspired me. <3

    ReplyDelete