Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Little Lamb

Joshua has a new name for Titus. Every time he says it, my eyes fill with tears.

Little Lamb.

Isn't that the sweetest thing you've ever heard?

He says, "Titus is my Wittle Wamb".

When Titus was born I made up a little song to sing over him. I know it may seem silly, but I believe that God sings over us (Zeph 3), so we should in turn sing over our babies. The good thing about that is that they have no idea how horribly I sing. Since I'm the Mama, they love my singing. Ha!

Anyway, here's my song for Baby Titus:
(to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)

Titus, Titus, Little Lamb
One day you'll be a mighty man.
Big and strong and brave you'll be,
A soldier in the Lord's Army.

Titus Titus, Little Lamb
One day you'll be a mighty man.

No making fun! :) So.............. yeah, it's nothing fancy or very clever or beautiful... but it's my prayer for him. So I declare it over him every day. And obviously, big brother has adopted the sweet new name for him too. :)))

Oh, and by the way - Titus can say JESUS. Tonight we were practicing everyone's name and I said, "Titus, can you say Jesus?" and he just belted it out! No greater name, no sweeter name, the name above all names. The name that every knee will bow to and every tongue confess. The name that heals, protects, restores, and sets free. The name that gives life. The name. The only name. As much as I love to hear your little voice say "Mama".......... it doesn't even compare to how much I love to hear you say Jesus.

Oh Baby Titus, choose Jesus just as soon as you can Baby. That's your mama's prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment