Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Monday, March 19, 2012

My Servant Girl - The Dryer

Wonderful things are happening in my life around here... My husband has found a way to make my dryer ACTUALLY DRY!!! Now, some may think that this is a small thing, but let me tell you - if you have 5 children, 2 of which are hard at play, dirty little boys and one who is a giant, hard at play (well, actually hard at work preparing for college football - and a little hunting in there too ;)) and you have the amount of laundry that we do, then you know just what a thrill this is!

Honestly, I could throw a party it's so wonderful. :))) For the past 3 1/2 years we've had a dryer that didn't really dry very well... You'd have to hang up about 1/2 the load on drying racks or the back porch and even then you'd have to run the dryer 2 or even 3 times just to get 1/2 of the load dry!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Talk about frustrating! It's been almost impossible to keep up. But, like I said, my sweet hubbie has once again arrived in his armor and rescued me! And now that I have this lovely little dryer working... it's like having a servant girl here to help me with my laundry. ;) I AM ZIPPING THROUGH LOADS OF LAUNDRY!!! Woohoo!!! Can I get an Amen?!

A long time ago my precious friend (hi Gwynie Pie) once made the analogy that the Proverbs 31 woman's servant girls (vs. 15) are now our modern day appliances - washers, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, etc... And I'd have to agree. This working dryer is making me so much more capable of serving my family. I feel empowered! Speaking of that........ gotta go switch the loads! :D Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment