Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Wet's Go Texans!" (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap!)

The title is Joshua's theme song these days. The W sound replaces his L sounds. (Wet's vs Let's) He likes to get the lids to my pots and pans and bang them together like cymbals. Sometimes he yells, "Texans High School Band!" as he marches and bangs them all over the house. (never a dull moment here) As I'm writing this, I am reminded of a scripture - Psalm 150:5 says, "Praise Him with the clash of cymbals, praise Him with resounding cymbals!" hmmm, out of the mouths of babes??? :D

The fun continues! The Texans beat the Devine Warhorses last night 38-12! That makes them the Region IV champs and State semi-finalists!!! Tay did really great! Of course he plays offense and they all did awesome, but I had to give a shout out to the Texan defense. They were amazing! We are so proud of all those young men... they were soldiers last night!

I am TOTALLY grateful to God for answering my prayer to hold back the thunderstorms and rain that had been predicted all week. I was kind of a nervous wreck (too bad I didn't just trust Him) and had myself kind of worked up about it - What will I do with the little babies???? Will we have to go sit in the car during the game? Will the game get called because of lightning??? And on and on. Turned out to be beautiful weather. Thank you God.

So we play this Friday night in Bastrop at 7:30 against Cold Spring. Should be a show-down... but, isn't that what we've been waiting for? Wet's go Texans (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap!)

No comments:

Post a Comment