Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Power of My Tongue

So, I will confess I have a real struggle... It's with my words. Sometimes I say unkind things - and always to the people that I love the most. Sometimes it's not WHAT I say, but HOW I say it...

This is not a new thing for me to be learning about myself. It seems it's been a struggle ever since I became a mom. And I hate it. I hate the sin in me... I hate Satan who loves this weakness.

I guess you could say that I've come a long way... I think my husband and children would say that. And yet, I've got a long ways to go. I admit it. I confess it. I repent of it. And I beg for forgiveness. Thank God that my family gives this forgiveness. But I still hate it that I hurt them sometimes. I will continue to study the Word regarding this. I will keep on praying about it.

Have I mentioned that I REALLY HATE this sin?

I know there is no condemnation for me... And I know that Jesus is refining me and gradually I am looking more like him and less like me. But it is a slow and painful process. I want ALL of my words to be full of LIFE, LOVE, and ENCOURAGEMENT.

The Lord has given me another verse about this today... one that convicts and inspires me...

Psalm 101:2 "...I will walk in my house with blameless heart..."

I want to walk in my house with a blameless heart... To love my husband and my children with blameless words.

I kneel and repent - to the Lord and my loved ones. And I get up and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment