Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Announcing, Miss Abigail Joy!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I appreciate my husband!

Yes, I sure do appreciate my hubby! He has always worked hard to take care of us. He has always sought to provide a way for me to be at home with our children. When others have encouraged me to go get a job, my husband has said - no way - and has gone to extreme measures to pick up an extra job to make ends meet. Of course I am thankful for all the non-financial things that he does for our family - and that's a very long list. But today, I just want to say that I'm proud of Troy for his commitment to provide financially.

1 Timothy 5:8 says, "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." (italics mine)

Now, it should go without saying that I don't think this scripture is referring to all those that are struggling and without work during these tough economic times. But, I do think the verse's major focus is that the man recognizes his responsibility and does his very best to provide for his family's needs.

Troy has always been so faithful in this area. Always. Even when were so very young and he was a full time student, he never shirked his responsibility to work. Never. In fact, he had to humble himself to do a few jobs that payed little and were not very glamorous... But - HE DID THEM ANYWAY.

On a related note, he has always GIVEN (he gives of himself wonderfully, but again I am referring to money) very generously. This is a beautiful trait that he learned from his precious Mama. I KNOW that God has met our needs in some very lean times simply because he honored Troy's generosity to others. Heaven applauds and blesses those who give. I am thankful that this reward for Troy spills over onto all of our family.

Lord, thank you for providing for us. Troy, I thank you too. I am so proud to be your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment